How do you involve/support the parents of children with SEND regarding identifying and meeting their needs?
- Both teachers and parents can raise a concern with the SENCo and they are then actively involved in subsequent discussions and decisions
- Parents concerns are always listened to
- We work in partnership with parents to set and share Individual Education Plan targets and then meet to review them
- Interventions are discussed and agreed – time limits are set and reviews take place termly
- Opportunities are provided for parents to meet with outside agencies e.g. ASD team parent surgeries, SENTAA information gathering meetings
- Parents have access to the SENCo to discuss concerns they have via phone calls, email and meetings
- Both the Governing Body and the Parent Council is available to, and often has members who are parents of SEND children so that their views and needs can be represented