How do you involve/support the parents of children with SEND regarding identifying and meeting their needs?
- As soon as a concern is raised parents are informed and are involved in subsequent decisions
- Parents concerns are listened to
- Parents as partners – parents are invited to attend review meetings and are included in the setting and sharing of IEP targets
- Opportunities are provided to meet with outside agencies
- Interventions are discussed and agreed – time limits are set and reviews take place termly
- Parents have access to the SENCo to discuss concerns they have
- Parent council has members who are parents of SEND children to represent their views and needs