How will the school prepare children with an SEND to join their next stage of education or life?
- Visits to their new classrooms are arranged for all children as they move through the year groups but additional visits are offered to vulnerable pupils
- Transition books including photographs of new teachers, classrooms, pegs, drawers, toilets etc. are given to vulnerable children to take home over the summer holidays to reduce anxiety
- Transition days are held for each Secondary school and additional visits are arranged if necessary
- Liaison meetings or phone calls are held between our SENCo and the SENCo of the new school to discuss the needs of individuals (where necessary)
- All of the SEND information is transferred to the new setting
*Please note - These are the usual arrangements around transition and have not all been possible during the Covid outbreak*